AlertLine is a unique, toll-free line that makes it comfortable and convenient for employees to report irregular or troublesome workplace issues so that these issues can be investigated and resolved.
- Available to all full-time and part-time faculty, staff, and research associates at the Oakland and regional campuses and other off-campus work locations
- Enables callers to remain anonymous
- Answers 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Can be accessed from any telephone in North America, including pay telephones
Issues that can be reported on AlertLine:
- Financial improprieties, including fraud, theft, falsification of records, and improper use of University assets
- Human resource matters, including perceived harassment, discrimination, misconduct, and other workplace issues
- Research compliance concerns, including conflict of interest, improper charging of grants, violation of human subject research regulations, and violation of other research compliance rules
- Other legal/regulatory matters, such as those pertaining to environmental health and safety
For more information:
Call AlertLine 1-866-858-4456 or contact the Department of Internal Audit at 412-624-4246.
Callers to AlertLine are given the option to remain anonymous. AlertLine calls are answered by trained independent communications specialists who are not employees of the University of Pittsburgh. These individuals record information that callers provide, and then turn the information over to the appropriate University entity—usually the Office of Human Resources, Department of Internal Audit, Office of Research Conduct and Compliance, or Office of the General Counsel—for follow-up, investigation, and resolution.