The February 15, 2013 memo from the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor directs deans, department chairs, and center directors to determine which employees under their purview must complete University COI disclosure forms by April 15, 2013. Below you will find instructions for using the Superform system; on the left are links to all of the forms departments will need for the 2013 filing season. Contact the COI Office if you have any questions about this process.
How to File University of Pittsburgh COI Disclosures
For instructions on how to file a UPMC's COI disclosure click here.
University of Pittsburgh COI Disclosures must be completed electronically using the University of Pittsburgh Superform Web site. Disclosures should be made upon appointment at the University, annually between January 1 and April 15, and throughout the year whenever outside interests change. The Superform Web site can be used to fulfill only University of Pittsburgh (i.e., not UPMC/UPP) COI disclosure requirements.
- Login to the Superform Web site: https://coi.hs.pitt.edu
If you have used another program supported by HSConnect, e.g., OSIRIS, ARO, ISER, etc., use that username/password to access the COI Superform.
Returning visitors: login with your HSConnect user name/e-mail address and password.
Forgot your password?
On the home page of the Superform Web site, click the “Forgot Password” link under the “Login” box; in the dialog box that appears, enter your e-mail address and last name, and submit the information. Your password will be sent instantaneously to the e-mail address you entered.
Forgot your user name?
Contact the Help Desk for assistance (412-648-2222).
Need to change your e-mail address?
you may do so by editing your HSConnect profile after logging in; or contact the Help Desk for assistance (412-648-2222).
** Please do not create another account. **
First-time visitors: click the link to create a new HSConnect account.
- Under “Review & File Your COI Forms,” select the form(s) you need to complete:
- University of Pittsburgh Faculty/Researcher Form;
- University of Pittsburgh Faculty/Researcher (PHS Funded) Form (NOTE: if you participate in the design, conduct, or reporting of any research funded by any agency of the Public Health Service, such as NIH, AHRQ, FDA, CDC, you must complete this form) (see also: FAQs, Form Tips & Known Issues for the PHS Faculty/Researcher Form), or
- University of Pittsburgh Designated Administrator/Staff Form.
- When you have answered all the questions, you will see the Form Summary page.
- Review your responses for accuracy and edit as appropriate.
- File your disclosure by clicking the “Submit this form” button at the bottom of the page. Disclosures are not recorded in the database until you have clicked this button.
If you do not see these forms, follow the instructions on the screen to update your HSConnect profile to include a University of Pittsburgh affiliation.
- Click “View and print” next to the date of the disclosure you wish to print. This will display the Signature Page in another tab or window, depending on your browser.
- Print your Signature Page by clicking the print icon in your browser.
- Sign your Signature Page.
- Submit your Signature Page:
- Faculty/Researcher Signature Page: submit it to your supervisor (e.g., department chair) for signature by April 15, 2013.
- Designated Administrator/Staff Signature Page: submit it to the next higher administrator who is at least at the level of director or department chair by April 15, 2013.
For technical assistance with the Superform or HS Connect, please contact the Health Sciences iTarget Team Help Desk at 412-648-2222 or submit your question online here.
For assistance with non-technical questions, please contact Benjamin West at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-383-1735.
Employees with appointments at UPMC/UPP must use the UPMC COI system in MyHUB to fulfill their UPMC COI reporting requirements. This system is not able to generate University COI disclosure forms at this time. The University and UPMC are working to develop a joint form that will fulfill both institutions’ COI reporting requirements and anticipate this system to be ready by the end of 2013.
To access the UPMC COI system, log into MyHUB, select the Human Resources tab and click the COI link under My Profile. Users having difficulty accessing the system should first check the MyHUB Frequently Asked Questions and then contact the ISD Help Desk at 412-647- HELP (4357) for further assistance.