The Conflict of Interest Committee, created by University Policy RI01 (formerly 11-01-03), Conflict of Interest for Research, is responsible for the oversight of potential conflicts of interest of its employees and the institution. The Committee provides, among other things, advice on novel or difficult conflict of interest cases.
The COI Committee reports, through the Chairman of the Committee, Craig S. Wilcox, PhD, to the Vice Chancellor for Research Protections, Bill Yates, PhD.
The membership of the COIC consists of University faculty, staff, and students involved in a cross-section of research disciplines, including two members recommended by the president of the University Senate and administrators responsible for purchasing.
The committee also includes representation from the following:
- Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), formerly the Office of Research
- Office of Research Protections (ORP), formerly the Research Conduct and Compliance Office (RCCO)
- Innovation Institute
- Office of University Counsel (OUC)
- University Purchasing Services Office (PantherExpress)
- A non-voting UPMC Corporate Services legal representative
- A voting community member
- A voting student currently enrolled at the University of Pittsburgh
Visit our directory for a list of COI Committee members and their contact information.
Submit Items for Review
Documents for review by the COIC may be emailed to the COI Office general inquiry inbox for processing and distribution. Items must be submitted by the deadlines below for timely inclusion on the COIC meeting agenda.
The COIC meets once per month throughout the year, except August. Unless otherwise specified, meetings of the COIC take place on the third Friday of the month from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
2022 - 2023
|September 16, 2022|
|October 21, 2022|
|November 18, 2022|
|December 16, 2022|
|January 20, 2023|
|February 17, 2023|
|March 17, 2023|
|April 21 2023|
|May 19, 2023|
|June 16, 2023|
|July 21, 2023|