Jane L. Volk, JD
- Senior COI Analyst
Jane joined the COI Office in January 2019. She previously served as Director of Employee and Labor Relations in Pitt’s Office of Human Resources. Her work there included the development of policies, guiding supervisors in conducting performance management, conducting training sessions, investigating employee complaints and handling labor matters including the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements.
Before coming to Pitt, Jane worked in Pittsburgh law firms, representing and advising clients in a variety of industries. Her legal work included litigation in the areas of employment discrimination, covenants not to compete, Occupational Safety and Health and labor law matters in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies.
- Ancillary reviews
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) / Human Research Protection Office (HRPO)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Non-financial research agreements via the MyRA system
- Corporate Research Agreements
- Consulting contract reviews and management plans
- COI Committee
- Licensed Start-up Companies
- COI management for SBIR and STTR grants
Education & Training
- B.S. Psychology, magna cum laude - University of Pittsburgh
- J.D. - Dickinson School of Law