The University of Pittsburgh strives to maintain a safe and ethical environment for faculty, staff, research associates, and students.
Visit the Pitt AlertLine website or call (866) 858-4456 to file a report.
What is AlertLine?
- AlertLine is a unique, toll-free line that makes it comfortable and convenient for employees to report irregular or troublesome workplace issues so that these issues can be investigated and resolved.
- Any employee of the University of Pittsburgh at its Pittsburgh (Oakland) campus, any regional campus (Bradford, Greensburg, Johnstown, Titusville), Mechanicsburg Child Welfare Resource Center, and any other off-campus work location may use AlertLine.
- AlertLine is administered by a third-party organization. Staff taking AlertLine reports are not employed by the University of Pittsburgh.
- The service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Reports may be filed online or by telephone, and can be done so anonymously.
What can be reported?
- Financial improprieties, including fraud, theft, falsification of records, and improper use of University assets
- Human resources matters, including perceived harassment, discrimination, misconduct, and other workplace issues
- Research compliance concerns, including conflict of interest, improper charging of grants, violation of human subject research regulations, and violation of other research compliance rules
- Other legal or regulatory matters, such as the protection of children while on campus, or environmental health and safety concerns
What happens after a report is filed?
Once initially processed, all concerns reported through AlertLine are turned over to the appropriate University office for follow-up, investigation, and resolution. If your concern is more appropriately addressed by other means, you will be referred to the proper resources for assistance.
For Life-Threatening Emergencies
AlertLine is not an emergency service. Immediate, life-threatening safety concerns should be reported to 911 or by contacting your local University police or security department: